South Bank Engineering UTC dress code is business wear for employees and students.
Dress code is important to the UTC. As a guide, the we expects all students to dress in line with expectations of a formal office environment, with professional standards upheld. Standards of dress are to be upheld throughout the day in all lessons as well as at break and lunch along with entry and exit from the UTC. Students inappropriately dressed will not be permitted to attend lessons with their peers. Students may be asked to go home to change.
Failure to wear correct UTC dress is to be treated as failure to meet UTC expectations, so will be sanctioned accordingly, with Coaches and SLT involved where appropriate.
The UTC dress code is as follows:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the UTC in line with our ethos, values and beliefs
- Encompasses a sense of community and belonging to the UTC
- Supports positive behaviour and discipline
- Is practical, smart and business like
- It identifies students within the UTC
- Prevents students from coming to the UTC in fashion or ‘designer’ label clothes that could be distracting in lessons or create a sense of competition
- Students feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance and helps nurture cohesion between different groups of students.
We require all employees and students at South Bank Engineering UTC to adhere to our Business Dress Policy, which can be viewed by clicking here.